Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Tablecloth or curtain?

    .

    Since we bought our home this past fall, I've been slowly decorating it, room by room. Our family room's extremely large windows have been tricky for me- they were so big that finding coverings I loved were really expensive, and I have a hard time justifying spending $300+ on curtains. Alas, I gave in and bought some from Anthropologie, but when they finally arrived and we hung them, they just didn't work. For one, each panel was only about 50 inches wide, which meant I'd need a total of four panels, bringing my grand total to about $500 even with my discount. NO THANK YOU! I looked and looked for reasonably priced curtains but nothing was popping out at me, and the cost to buy fabric I loved for that space was pricey as well. Then I remembered our fabulous DwellStudio tablecloth from Target. It's 60 inches wide, and 104 inches long, and cost only $20. I decided to order three more and just try them out as curtains. For a grand total of $80 you can't really go wrong, especially after sending back the much pricier Anthropologie ones. The tablecloths arrived, we hung them, and we ended up loving them! They add such a light feeling to the room, and really add to the space rather than take it over and close it off. The best part about using tablecloths is that they're already hemmed on each side, and it's so easy and cheap to change them out when the mood strikes.

    We're so happy we our makeshift curtains, and I can't believe I hadn't thought of this sooner, especially with the huge windows in our master bedroom.

    If you'd like your very own bird tablecloth curtains, you can click here to check them out at Target! They also have an 84 inch length for those with shorter windows (or tables! ha!).

    Happy decorating!

    .


    .

    .
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/05/tablecloth-or-curtain.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive