Monday, May 9, 2011

Wonderful weekend/Mother's Day

     Mother's Day flowers from my boys :)
    {Mother's Day flowers from Hank and Henry}

    Oh, what a weekend! I spent half of it in Phoenix, and half it at home, up here, and every moment was just lovely. On Friday Sarah and I spent some time working on a project with a crew from Samsung (more about this tonight) and had the best time. I can't wait to share!  We ended the night with frozen yogurt and I went back to my parents' with a happy heart and stomach!  I've written about Sarah a million times here, but let me say again how wonderful it is to spend time with her. She's been one of my dearest friends for close to a decade now and I am so appreciative of her. I wish you all knew her, because if you did I know you'd be nodding your head in agreement when I talk about what a good person she is. I love love love her. So yes, Friday was awesome, then Saturday I woke up and had a great early Mother's Day with my mama, sister and Henry. We shopped for a little bit, then ate lunch at Pita Jungle. I typically get the Macro Platter but lately have been into the Mediterranean Chicken Salad, so that's what I got. My Mom got a Greek Salad and my sister got the the Macro...and we all shared a hummus trio of course. Afterward I worked out, and then Henry and I headed back up the mountain home (we live about two hours away). Upon our arrival I was greeted with a huge vase filled with the most beautiful Mother's Day flowers! Hank did good. ;) We went downtown for dinner and ate tamales at Hugo's, then came home and relaxed. I went to bed feeling like it was Christmas Eve due to Mother's Day being the next day! It was my very first one, and Hank went above and beyond to make me feel so special, and all day long I felt like my heart was going to burst from a mix of being so happy, and feeling so thankful.  We started the day with cuddles in bed, and then we had a slow morning filled with a yummy breakfast and lots of lounging. Later in the day we went to the champagne brunch at the Sheraton. It was awesome- I think my favorite were the huge dessert tables, filled with eclairs and cream puffs and tarts and pie and cake...DELICIOUS. I had a taste of everything. The rest of my Mother's Day was spent at home- Hank and I finished a ton of "around the house" projects and we ended the day watching Life as We Know It. My choice of course but "my choice" was the theme of the day, so why not?! The entire experience of actually celebrating Mother's Day was amazing- I woke up to so many sweet texts, tweets and voicemails that I felt like it was my birthday. Being a Mom is the absolute best thing that has ever happened to me, and it was so fun to spend an entire day celebrating that. I already can't wait until next year!

    Here are some photos from the weekend:

    Mother's Day weekend collage

    left-right: Tony filming Ethan in some AZ terrain; Tony/Ethan, part of the Samsung crew; playing tourist for the day; prettiest Suki; Friday night pre-frozen yogurt; Mama, Henry and me; Lauren and Mom at Pita Jungle in Mesa; me in one of my favorite vintage tops; hummus trio- regular, cilantro jalapeno, and roasted red pepper; Aunt Lauren and Henry; my delicious salad; Pandora knows me too well- one of my favorite songs off one of my favorite albums- "Cat Heaven" by Jets to Brazil; dinner at Hugo's; Daddy and baby; tamale plate- so good; Facetiming with my Mom on Mother's Day morning; a new spring hat; Greek yogurt, berries and granola, the best snack ever; spring cleaning and getting dresses picked out for a "Shop My Closet" pop up blog; Henry sleeping in his favorite new position.

    and p.s. Have you entered the Paper Mama giveaway yet? It ends tonight! Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2011/05/wonderful-weekendmother-day.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive