Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Clearing something up...

    I wanted to make a quick post about a comment I received on my Formspring last night. Here's the message-

    hi danielle,
    I love love love your blog, and find you super inspirational and motivating! I just had one concern raised by your last q&a; namely, about the "family planning" method. I just feel like maybe it was a bit irresponsible to so vehemently reject the pill as a form of birth control and advocate a method that is somewhat unreliable (moreso if your partner isn't someone who you WANT to have babies with, eventually) when you know that your students are probably reading your blog, and certainly look up to you for advice/guidance. Yes, there are downsides to taking the pill, but there are also many, many benefits, and while you obviously aren't a school nurse or in any way responsible for what the kids choose to do outside of school, it just seemed like a bad judgment call to dismiss birth control entirely; someone might get the wrong idea!


    First of all, thank you so much for the sweet words! Hearing those things always make my day. I find so much inspiration in the blog world, and it's amazing to know that someone finds me inspiring. So thank you! :) As far as your concern, I definitely understand where you're coming from. However, if you come to this site regularly, you know about my life as someone in a commited relationship. I really feel I should be able to be honest about things like this, and having taken birth control for so many years, it isn't for me. When I said it wasn't for me, I wasn't saying that every person who reads this should follow in my steps. There was no underlying meaning- it's not for me. And ME, is a 27-year old wife and hopefully soon to be Mom. Just like when I say I'm not religious, I'm not telling everyone to stop believing in God, or when I say I prefer to eat organic food I'm not advocating every reader to throw away food in their fridge that doesn't comply. Also, I definitely do NOT write for my students or with them in mind. This is my place AWAY from work and I certainly hope that students don't come here and read this. I do understand though, that this is a blog, and entirely public, so I am sure that is a possibility. But if they do, they need to take it for what it is- a personal blog with someone's personal views. With that said, I do realize that many people read this, and I know that leaves me with responsibilty, but I don't think I need to preface anything I say with a warning of "don't try this at home." If that was the case I couldn't ever write freely. Regular readers know my situation and I don't feel like I should feel responsible for every reader's perception. In fact, it would be impossible to keep everyone in mind. I will definitely take your comment to heart though, because I know you said it simply because you were concerned with teens reading this and thinking that family planning is a good form of birth control. And to be clear- it's not! But in our situation it works for us. And again, that is what the focus of my blog is. Me, and us.


    So with that said, thank you again so much for your input! I wanted to address this in case anyone else had the wrong idea. Continue to send me your comments on thoughts on everything- I love hearing your opinions and thoughts!
    xoxo
    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/clearing-something-up.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive