Monday, January 4, 2010

Good first day back!

    Despite waking up and being completely annoyed that I had to go back to work, and even dwelling on this negativity the entire 5 minute drive to work...I managed to turn my attitude around. It's pretty hard to stay down and out when you have so many smiling students greeting you with big hellos. I love my job. I spend most of my days laughing and having fun- teenagers are seriously the most entertaining people. Don't get me wrong- some days are horrid, some kids aren't all smiles, and nothing is perfect...but most of my days are pretty darn good. It's the only job I could see myself doing and I'm glad to be doing it. I adore my teacher friends at work, and they, more than anything, make my days so awesome.

    It's funny how I rarely write about the annoyed or negative times in my life. I choose not to, but I think it's important to note that even though I may write about being happy a lot, I also have super down moments and I can sometimes be quite the moody gal. I usually can get over my moods or sadness pretty quickly, but they still exist. I think it's important in our little blog world to know that no one is perfect. No one is happy all the time. There are days when I feel so frustrated or full of anxiety that I want to just curl up in a ball and cry my eyes out. There are days when I look in the mirror and nothing I do with my hair or outfits look right. There are days when I have that whole poor-me mentality and no one can cheer me up besides Hank. BUT in a weird way I like those days because without those, good days wouldn't be as good. I've gotten a lot of questions in my formspring over there about "how am I always so happy," and I guess that is what prompted me to write this. I'm not always happy. I'm happy most of the time but even that is a choice. I choose not to complain, I try not to fill up the world with more negativity. I strive to surround myself with beautiful things and people with good hearts. That all helps.

    With that said, I appreciate all of you visiting my blog. I've had so many new readers since my friend Elsie added one of my blog buttons (that she made for me, thanks again sweet girl) to her blog's friend section. If you've recently found my blog, either from Ms. Elsie or from somewhere else, welcome! I hope you have fun reading what I have to write. Most of this is about my husband and me, and our beautiful life in this small town- silly photos (way too many of me!), stories, and adventures. I really enjoy blogging, and I started writing here a little over a year ago to document our life so we could look back on it, and so our family could keep up with what we were up to! I'd written in a livejournal since the 90s, but wanted something a bit more accessible and public. I'm a writer by nature, and this is not just a creative outlet, but also a way for me to get so many of my thoughts out of my head and into the world. I usually try to make a little bit of time every evening to blog here, and the more I do it, the more I love it. It's truly something I look forward to each day. Now that my readership has grown a lot more than just our family, I've had a lot of fun getting to know so many new people in the blogging world. I'm looking forward to continuing to document our life, especially as some new chapters start to open in the near future! So again, welcome! It's a pleasure to meet you!

    *This post has been brought to you by Hank in a pink snuggie! How I convinced him to let me take this photo I'll never know...

    how I convinced him to let me take this photo, I'll never know...Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/good-first-day-back.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive