Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sunday

    I love Sundays so much! It's especially sweet knowing I don't have to go to work tomorrow either! :) Hank and I slept in a little bit which was so lovely, and once we were up we decided to use a gift card from the holidays and have lunch at Wildflower Bakery. We don't usually frequent restaurants like this- we tend to stick to our local favorites downtown, and I was reminded again of why during this visit! The food was "okay," and it was so incredibly packed it was hard to find a table. Once we got one it was hard to really have a conversation because the tables were so close and it was just kind of weird. I am so appreciative of the giftcard (free food = awesome!) but I think we'll keep sticking to our old favorites and steer clear of chain restaurants like we always do.

    After lunch we made a quick Costco trip and then went to see "The Lovely Bones." Having read the book twice, I had been looking forward to seeing this film for some time. One thing about me though, is that I never, ever compare the book with the movie. I know that I have an idea in my mind of how I think the book should pan out on screen, and I know unless the screenplay writer/director are mind readers, it will never ever match up. I just try and keep an open mind and remember that all books to movies are adaptations. This helps me to avoid feeling let down. This movie though, couldn't have let me down if it tried. Hank was a little apprehensive about seeing it, and he ended up really, really enjoying it. Overall it was a little too creepy/scary for me, but I made it through the entire thing without covering my eyes. I thought the acting was good (I actually really love Mark Wahlberg) and I truly enjoyed it, beginning to end. I think it was a tricky movie to make with all of the "heaven" type scenes, and I think it was executed pretty well. A lot of my friends have had different reactions though, especially the ones who had read it first. Have any of you seen it? What do you think? Next weekend I am hoping to see "Up in the Air" and "Leap Year."

    We came home after the movie and I enjoyed a yummy cupcake that Hank had bought for me! Such a sweetie. The rest of the night is dedicated to...absolutely nothing! Sometimes those are the best kind of nights.

    I wanted to also include a little "hello" and a thank you to all my new readers. There are quite a few of you, and I want you to know how much I appreciate you taking the time to stop by my little corner of the internet. If you'd like, leave your blog address in the comments so I can come see your little corner too! I made a cheesy video for all of you too. :)




    poor Hank is still a little sick, what a trooper though, agreeing to snap a pic :)

    Sunday love

    Sunday

    cupcake compliments of Hank!

    compliments of my sweet hubbySource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/sunday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive