Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday V.2

    Welcome to the second round of Tattoo Tuesday! I am so, so happy with how the first round turned out- I received so many submissions, which is super awesome. I'm trying my best to make my way through what feels like millions of fabulous tattoos in my inbox, in addition to some of my friends' tattoos that I'm in love with and can't wait to feature.

    Our first featured lovely is the adorable Kali, who can be found over at Whimsical Creature!

    Name and blog name:
    Kali (whimsicalcreature.blogspot.com)

    Tattoo/location: Ribbon, cupcake, buttons with thread and hearts on the upper left arm

    Artist/shop/location: Danny Reed at Hot Stuff in Asheville, NC.

    (click on the following photos to make them bigger)





    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    This is my first tattoo that did not hold a rather significant meaning. I really enjoy baking and crafting, so I chose to incorporate a little bit of each into a bright and cheerful tattoo.

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    I have a skeleton key on the back of my left arm, wind and leaves that wrap around my left upper arm, tiny hearts on both of my forearms, and owls tattooed on top of both feet.


    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Definitely. I would like to get a chest piece next and I'd eventually like to get a rib panel and my shins done.

    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    The vast majority of my friends are tattooed, so it is well received amongst that crowd. My parents, brother and sister all like them a great deal. My grandparents are quite traditional, so I try to keep them covered when the entire family is around.

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    I think that as long as you have given it thought and not rushed into it, it's awesome. Also, to research your tattoo artist a bit before you go in to get work done is also key. I am really thankful that I knew all of my tattoo artists ahead of time and had a good experience while being tattooed and receiving a beautiful tattoo that I adore and have no regrets about.




    Our second featured tattooed darling is my amazing little sister Lauren, who can be found on her blog- monsterxlove!



    Name and blog name: Lauren (http://monsterxlove.blogspot.com)

    Tattoo/location
    : Lighthouse on right shin, Umbrella on left shin.

    Artist/shop/location
    : Cory, Phoenix AZ





    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    I had the umbrella with "When it rains it pours" tattooed first. It basically represents the way my life had been for the previous 3 years or so. My family went through a lot; cancer, surgeries, heart attacks, lost jobs, etc. A common theme kept reoccurring in my life: "When it rains it pours." Even though it is a negative type tattoo and reminds me of sad and hard times, I am really happy I got it. My tattoo reminds me that I have been through a lot and that we made it through stronger than ever. I had the lighthouse tattooed on my other shin about 2 weeks later or so. My family is originally from the East Coast and we always used to go visit lighthouses. The lighthouse reminds me of my childhood and of my amazing parents. My shin tattoos are kind of a pair.

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    Yes, I have my chest tattooed, "To Thine Own Self Be True" a Shakespeare quote, on the tops of both of my feet I have roses. I have a little tiny silly star on my inner foot, "Love" on one wrist, "Life" on the other wrist, I have from the tops of my shoulders to halfway down my butt tattooed with a geisha scene. I also have a matching tattoo with my sister on my thigh that says, "Tea for Two" and my most recent tattoo is an open rose with a traditional girl head inside of it.












    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Yes!! I will be starting on my arms in a few months here. I am going to be doing a whole traditional sleeve on one arm-similar artwork to what I got tattooed on my neck. I plan on pretty much being covered; other thigh, both ribs, stomach, both arms, and anywhere else I can squeeze them in!


    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    My parents were not happy at first about my tattoos; they didn't understand where they went wrong in raising me. But after a while they got used to them and realized that I don't drink, smoke, do drugs, I have a career, and that being tattooed just makes me happy-so now they say that they hardly see them anymore. I always get a little nervous when I stop by my parent's house with a new tattoo though-especially if my Grandma is home, "What is that THING?" I am really the only one among my friends that is heavily tattooed and I'm fine with that. It is annoying though to be introduced as the "tattooed girl" or the "tattooed friend" or "the CRAZY friend." Haha it's so funny how people have a preconceived idea of what a tattooed person should act like. My fiance is heavily tattooed as well though. I do find that if people meet me and get to know me and do not know that I have tattoos, especially adults, they are so surprised to find out that I am tattooed. I am a teacher so I do cover most of my tattoos, but I don't "hide" them. If one peeks out and my students ask me about it, I just say, "Yes it is a tattoo, big deal." I find that when I don't make a big deal out of it, neither do they. I show my feet tattoos, wrist tattoos, and I'm sure my neck tattoo soon as well, when I am at work. I always say that if people want to judge me based on my tattoos, then I wouldn't want to be friends with a judgmental person like that anyway.

    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    I would just make sure that you are sure of what you want to get. Some of my tattoos have significant meanings behind them, while others I got just because I liked them or thought it would be pretty. I get tattoos that make me happy, and that will never change. Also be sure to carefully pick out a tattoo artist, do your research-most tattooers are known for a particular style, make sure it fits yours.



    A big thanks to both Kali and Laur for participating this week! Until next Tuesday...

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/tattoo-tuesday-v2.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive