Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy Saturday!

    Today is a happy day indeed. Although yesterday was New Year's Day, I didn't really wake up with a feeling of new or resolve. But this morning I did! I know it shouldn't take a holiday to make me feel anew, but I love any excuse for a fresh start.

    After I woke up I headed to the gym and had an awesomely motivated workout, which was exactly what I needed. When I got back to my parents' I made brunch for Hank and me and we vegged out for a bit before he headed out to get his hair cut. It's been a very low-key holiday break, and I'm very grateful for that. I'm not even dreading going back to work on Monday. It definitely helps that I like my job and the people I work with, but I think a positive mindset helps also. Do any of you have to go back to work on Monday after a nice long vacation? What are some things that help you make that transition a little easier? For me, it's going to bed really early the night before and making sure I eat a good breakfast. I'm a total breakfast-minded person, and if I don't eat a good one I feel off all day. Some of my favorite meals are egg whites with nitrate/preservative free bacon and fruit, cereal like Kashi Go Lean or Irish oatmeal, or homemade quiche! It also helps to have our house completely clean and organized. I took care of that last week, so tomorrow my main focuses are going to be laundry and planning some lessons for the first couple of days back.

    This evening we are celebrating my sister Lauren's birthday with our friends at her new home, and I'm excited! I really can't believe my little baby sister is turning 25. I will make a proper birthday post for her tomorrow for sure.

    I hope all of you are enjoying your second official day of the new decade. I am excited for all to come. I'll leave you with a happy little (cheesy) photo. :)

    Happy Saturday! Happy cheesy smile!Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/happy-saturday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive