Thursday, January 21, 2010

Snow day!

    I woke up this morning around 5:30 to happily be greeted with a message informing me that school was indeed canceled due to inclement weather! One of the neatest parts of being a teacher is being able to partake in days like this- and let me tell you, that special feeling of waking up when it's still dark, seeing mountains of beautiful snow, and knowing you can crawl right back into bed- that feeling of excitement never fades. Now if I could just transport my Mom to Prescott, so when I woke up I would have a toasty mug of hot chocolate in my hands, I would.

    Even though I could sleep in, I woke up fairly early and had a wonderful conversation with one of my dear friends about some very exciting news, read some more of my current book, Dear John, finished watching Phoebe in Wonderland via Netflix Instant Play, played with Ms. Madeline in the snow...then fell back asleep with my Kindle in lap! In my mind I wanted to fit every little last bit of snow-day goodness in, but apparently my body wanted to sleep sleep sleep. I woke up around noon to a cup of peppermint tea compliments of Hank (almost as good as my Mom's hot chocolate!) and I've been reading for most of the morning.

    We have to brave the snow and roaring winds in a bit to take Madeline to her veterinarian appointment, so that should be interesting! I think I am going to try and convince Hank to go on a snowy walk with me later this afternoon as well.

    Before I go, I wanted to see if anyone else is feeling what I'm feeling- doesn't this year just feel FABULOUS?! I know January 1st was just a day on the calendar, simply numerically marking a new year, but I feel like 2010 has been (already) a very creative, growing, wonderful year for me, and for Hank and me as a couple. It has a good vibe. So 2010, I love you! And I hope I keep loving you.

    2010, I love you!

    For now I'll leave you with a playlist I made this morning- perfect for a snowy day (or a rainy one, like my friend Marisa is currently experiencing!). Thanks to one of my readers, Tyler, for requesting one!

    I'd love to know, which song from this list is your favorite?


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


    ps. thanks again to all of you wonderful friends for suggesting so many amazing documentaries! My Netflix queue is bursting with all of the titles. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/snow-day.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive