Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Wednesday

    I feel like I've been so busy lately, and I am literally counting down until the weekend! My darling Autumn and her family have finally moved home to Arizona, and I cannot even express how happy I am to have them so much closer than California. They just moved into their new home in North Scottsdale this past weekend, so I am heading down Friday to spend time with them. Autumn's daughter Chloe is my goddaughter and I'm stoked I get to be a lot more present in her life! They are expecting their second baby on Valentine's Day and I can't wait to meet the little guy. I think the rest of our gal pals will be hanging out too and I'm super excited. Then Saturday morning I'm going with my sister and the ladies in our/Abe's family to check out the wedding venue they're interested in. If you know me, you know I love love love event planning, so I am looking forward to helping out, and being the best "Matron of Honor" there ever was. The day after Laur got engaged I was already researching colors and ideas for her, and getting together bridal shower brainstorming sheets. I'm such a nerd. After we get done with wedding stuff I'll be heading over for a much needed little day with Sar when she gets off work. Dinner, hangouts...and I'm getting to meet my little "niece," Suki's new puppy! Sar and her boyfriend Andy adopted a beautiful little red-nose/staffy girl and she looks like such an angel...see?




    Sarah and I had a nice long little text-talk last night about some stuff that's been going on, and as always she is the most supportive friend in the whole world. We always joke that we know each other better than we know ourselves and it's so true that it's crazy. That's what happens when you've gone through such crazy things together, for close to a decade. I love her. It's such a beautiful thing to have someone in your life who knows every single little detail about everything, seen you in every phase and every stage of life, good and bad, and loves you all the same. I was emailing with my friend Emily today, and she wrote something that really struck me (Em if you read this I hope you don't mind I throw in a little quote)- but she said "As I have gotten older, I have definitely learned to embrace the uniqueness of each and every female friendship in my life. It's like each woman I am friends with, plays such a distinct and huge role in her own way - it's pretty cool." This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I've always been surrounded by awesome females. I really cherish the fact that as I've gotten older, I've been able to keep a lot of my friends from the past that have kind of grown with me, and also make some new, awesome friends that have brought so many wonderful things to my life. I have close friends at work, I have great friends from high school, I have friends that grew up in Prescott, I have my "best" friends I've known forever and ever. Each of these women are so different, and the older I get the more I realize that each person I meet does in fact play a distinct role, like my wonderful friend Emily so eloquently stated. As I move into this next phase of my life, things change a bit. In fact, I've already felt them change, just from thinking about where we want to be in the next year or two. Things that were important aren't so important anymore. My priorities and the way I spend my time has shifted. And as I change, the women in my life will also be changing. It's interesting to think of the places we will all be at in a year, and it's neat to know I have all of these amazing personalities and souls to fit into every aspect of my life. I'm grateful.

    Tonight has been a good night. Hank and I have been having little "date nights" every night this week, which makes my heart so full. Now that he is working a full schedule at work and school (thankfully this semester won't begin until the end of this month) we have to really make time for each other during the weekdays, since he gets home around 5 , and then has school and music/design stuff to do. It's insane, so every second of my time after I get off work is devoted to enjoying each other's company! I definitely miss the days of getting home from work and laying around all night without a care in the world, but this is a new phase, and although things are different, they are also so exciting! So tonight when Hank got off work we headed to the gym for a workout, and then we did dinner at home and watched Biggest Loser until he had to go to practice. I just finished up some necessary grading, and when I wrap up this post I will be reading a bit then heading to sleep as well. Tomorrow I am hanging out with my darling Amber Joy and I'm so happy! I haven't seen her for a couple of days with all the craziness of the week, and she leaves Friday, and I'm so, so glad we get one more hangout in.

    I hope all of you had a great day! I'll leave you with a couple of photos from today's outfit. I added a cardigan to this dress to make it work (tattoo) appropriate. Have a wonderful night!

    Wednesday

    Wednesday detail

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/wednesday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive