Sunday, January 10, 2010

Manicure Sunday!


    Manicure Sunday!, originally uploaded by daniellehampton.

    Today's been a great Sunday...I've been laying low and getting stuff done! And by stuff I mean cooking yummy food and watching "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" for the first time. My sister recommended this to me and I'm unsure if I want to continue watching it- I think the storyline is interesting but the acting is so horrendous it makes it painful to watch. Does it get any better? I'm only on episode three.

    Hank is currently at the Cardinals playoff game, sitting in the best seats and having such a good time. He's a total basketball and football nut and loves to go to games whenever he can. He's sitting in the 5th row today and I'm taping the game so I can try and spot him on television later tonight!

    Tomorrow begins another work week, but luckily next weekend is a three-day weekend. On that subject, I'm so incredibly excited because Valentine's Day is on a three-day weekend next month. I love that holiday, and I'm already planning something special. I wonder what Hank has planned.... ;)

    This week at work I'll be continuing our poetry unit with my seniors and the short story unit with my sophomores. We'll be reading "The Yellow Wallpaper" tomorrow and I'm super excited- I love that story. It's creepy and so well-written. Afterward I have them construct a diary, written from the narrator's point of view, that picks up where the story leaves off. The finished products are always so incredibly interesting and I love reading them.

    Do you have any favorite short stories you'd like to recommend? I would love to check them out, and possibly integrate them into this unit. So far we will be reading- "The Yellow Wallpaper" (Gilman), "Story of an Hour" (Chopin), "A Rose for Emily" (Faulkner), "The Lottery" (Jackson), and "Harrison Bergeron" (Vonnegut). These are 15-16 year olds kids so anything appropriate would be awesome! Suggest away.

    The rest of today will be spent working out (heading to the gym in a minute), food shopping, and preparing some meals for this week. I'll probably make a little food/recipe post in a couple of days. I'll also be answering my formspring questions this evening as well. I have 50 from just this week. If you have any last minute questions, feel free to send them my way via the box over there to the left!

    Have a wonderful Sunday <3.

    ps. the polish I have on is Sally Hanson's Black Patent

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/manicure-sunday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive