Monday, January 11, 2010

Monday, Monday!

    My dear friend Emily and I have always shared a love for Mondays! In her most recent post she said, "I LOVE Mondays! It's the day I hit "re-start" and get ready for a fantastic week. Every Monday I wake up feeling refreshed and ready to organize my weekly plans/goals." I couldn't agree more, and I think almost every Monday I write something about how much I enjoy the "restart" and setting goals. On Sundays I enjoy doing a little run-down in my mind of what I accomplished, and what I need to work on for the upcoming week. This week, for instance, I am working on getting into the gym each and every day, cooking yummy homemade meals that are ready when Hank gets off of work 4 out of the 5 work days, and spending time outside everyday. We always cook a lot throughout the week, but it really makes more sense for me to have it ready right when Hank gets off work. Often I feel tired after work and I curl up in bed for a couple of hours with my laptop or a Netflix dvd, but I never feel good after I waste time like that for so long. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love doing nothing, and just relaxing, but if I do that right after work sometimes I won't even want to get up! So, my goal is to stay motivated and get everything done that I need to get done. :)

    Today was a good day at work. My seniors and I had a great class period- I mentioned before that we're doing a poetry unit and it was a fun day spent searching for poems that struck them, and then sharing and acting some of them out. My cheeks literally hurt from laughing and smiling so much. If you're curious about my daily going-ons, I usually tweet throughout the day, so if you aren't following me on Twitter, feel free to click here and do so!

    On the way home from work today I stopped off at New Frontiers (our natural food store in town) and picked up some groceries. I decided to make an eggplant dish for dinner, and it turned out great. I didn't follow a recipe and kind of just went with the flow, so here are a couple of photos a quick, VERY easy made-up recipe you can try at home!

    You'll need:

    1 eggplant
    olive oil
    tomato sauce
    cheese (vegan or regular)
    salt/pepper/oregano/garlic

    Put olive oil into a heated skillet.
    Chop eggplant into rounds (thick or thin depending on your taste preference)
    Add olive oil to a heated skillet and brown eggplant on both sides (I did this so it wouldn't get all mushy while it baked)
    Once the eggplant is browned, place it into a dish with a little sauce for the base
    Layer eggplant, sauce, and cheese (ending with cheese on top)
    Bake in the oven at 350 until the cheese is melted
    Serve with whole wheat pasta!

    making eggplant parmesan for Hank :)

    layer one
    layer one

    heading into the oven...
    heading into the oven- looks weird but tastes great!

    After dinner Hank and I spent some time together. We hung out until he left to watch the Suns game with the guys, and I did some working out. Now I'm currently enjoying one of my most favorite television shows/guilty pleasures, The Bachelor! I've watched this show for years and every year I love it more. I know it's super cheesy and probably really fake...but I love it all the same.

    Some photos from today-

    I feel like Madeline saying "HEY GIRL!" here. She looks kind of scary but it makes me laugh!
    "Hey girl"

    Monday

    Monday

    lazy us, hanging hard on the couch! I love her.
    kiss kiss

    I hope all of you had a really great day! As far as this week on Sometimes Sweet, look for another recipe post, a healthy treat recipe, a playlist, a book recommendation post (as per request), a blogger feature, and daily run downs and photos. I also have an awesome giveaway in the works so stay tuned for that! I've already received a lot of great questions for next week's Formspring feature, so feel free to ask me anything over there, or as always you can leave a comment.

    So again, happy Monday! What goals are you working on for the week?



    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/monday-monday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive