Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Tattoo Tuesday (a new feature!)

    Welcome to the first installment of Tattoo Tuesday, my new weekly feature. As you know, I absolutely love beautiful tattoos, so I figured why not show off some of my lovely friends' artwork. If you would like to participate in this feature, simply email me at danielleahampton@gmail.com and put "Tattoo Tuesday" as the subject (by clicking on the link it will immediately send me an email with the subject already set up for you!). I will feature one of your tattoos and have you tell us about that tattoo in particular, and also have you answer some general questions! Sound like fun?!

    I'm really excited about this and I'm looking forward to featuring all sorts of beautiful artwork.

    So, without further adieu, our very first lovely lady for Tattoo Tuesday is my friend Ms. Elsie Flannigan!

    Name and blog name: Elsie from A Beautiful Mess

    Featured tattoo/location: vintage polaroid camera on inner arm

    Artist/shop/location: Freaks on Broadway in KC Mo. Shaun did my tattoo, but he has since relocated to Seattle.





    1) Tell us about the tattoo you are sharing with us- is there a background story or special meaning? Why did you choose this particular piece of art?

    I've never had a tattoo (yet) with a sentimental meaning. My favorite tattoos are lighthearted and are usually of everyday objects and cute things (sewing machines, cute animals, ribbons, bows etc...). I chose this camera because it's my all-time favorite polaroid model!

    2) Do you have any other tattoos? If so, what do you have and where?

    I also have some thread spools and some cherries.



    3) Do you plan on getting more?

    Yep. I would like to finish a little half sleeve with crafty/DIY items this year. :) Next up will most likely be a pretty sewing machine.

    4) How do your family and friends feel about your tattoo(s)? Have you run into any adversity or negativity because of them?

    My grandparents are very traditional, so I pretty much hide them at family events. My parents have become really cool about it since all my siblings have them now. :)

    my brother's tattoo-



    5) Any advice for those interested in getting tattooed but haven't gotten one yet?

    I think that it really depends on your personality. I don't easily regret things and I also have a pretty solid style that I've had for a long time. I think that people who change a lot and second guess themselves are smart to be more cautious. I think it's great as long as your really know what you like and don't like! In fact...I think that really specific/unique tattoos are much more fun to look at!



    Thanks so much for being "the first lady of Tattoo Tuesday" Elsie! And thanks to all of you for stopping by. You'll see this feature again next week.

    xoxoSource URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/tattoo-tuesday-new-feature.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive