Thursday, January 28, 2010

Thursday

    Thank you so much for all of your wonderful input on my last entry. A lot of you asked questions, and I will be sure to address those when I make my next post on my job. I just hope all of you know how much I appreciate you taking the time to read that long post!

    Today was a great day at work. My seniors and I continued our rap as poetry lesson, dissecting songs from Dead Prez, Aesop Rock, Tupac, and Jay-Z. We had a great time, and it was interesting to see them find poetic devices throughout the songs. I'm curious to see what they say during our discussion tomorrow. My sophomores read "A Rose for Emily" by William Faulkner today, and most of them seemed to enjoy it. During my 7th period's journal time, I asked them if they had any song requests...I loved that we ended up listening to Frank Sinatra while they did their creative writing for 10 minutes. It made me happy to see "kids these days" appreciating great music. It made me think about when we have children, and how exposed to music they'll be, mainly due to Hank. I always have music on, but it's great to have a parent who is so skilled at playing so many instruments. I can't even imagine what it would be like to grow up around that- definitely very cool.

    For some reason this week just flew by, and I am so excited that tomorrow is Friday! I have a very, very full weekend of family time. Autumn's baby shower is Saturday which I am most looking forward to. Tomorrow night Shirl and I are going to shop for some clothes for baby Carter- most of my friends have had girls, so it's going to be nice to pick out things for a little baby boy. Before the shower on Saturday, I'll be going antiquing with my Mom, Dad, and sis...hopefully I can find the chairs we've been looking for! I'm also really excited about working out with my sister Lauren (click here to visit her blog- and click here to visit her new fitness blog) at her new gym! Spin class here we come. Have any of you done Spin before? It's one of my most favorite workouts to do, and I also really enjoy full-body sculpt class with weights. Do you take any fitness classes that you really love?

    Before I head to the gym for a nice late night workout, I wanted to include a typical workout playlist. I basically just took my most recent mix and duplicated it onto this site. Be forewarned though, the music won't be for everyone. I like all genres, but when I work out I typically listen to either rap or hardcore. For the past few weeks it's been the latter, and this mix features a lot of that, and in particular a lot of songs from one of my all-time favorite bands, Modern Life is War. Some of it is a little embarrassing (hello, Hatebreed?!), but it gets me going, so I can't complain. So, I don't know if many of you will enjoy it, but this is what I listen to, and you guys asked for it...so here it is! :) I'd love to hear what some of your favorite songs are too, so feel free to share with us if you're so inclined! New workout music is always the best. Next week I will post another mix, of more "beat" type music.


    Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


    Here are some daily photos from today as well-

    today's outfit (what I wore to work):

    dress- Marc by Marc Jacobs
    cardigan- J. Crew
    tights- Hue (via Macy's)
    shoes- BCBG

    daily outfit, 1/28/10

    mee

    Madeline also received a little present in the mail today, from All Mighty! Click here to visit their store. We got a bunch of stuff from their shop and all of it is incredibly adorable, including everything from Dainty June. Love love love.

    All Mighty packing tape = LOVE!

    Madeline and her new friend!
    Madeline and her new friend

    I hope all of you have a wonderful evening! <333Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/thursday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive