Monday, January 25, 2010

Just another...tired Monday!

    Hank and me on Grove St.

    First of all, thank you thank you thank you to all of you sweet, lovely people. It astounded me to see so many thoughtful comments on my last post. I warms my heart so much to know I have such caring readers and you guys are all so amazing. So really, thank you! The negative comments didn't bother me, I don't mind criticism at all...but I just think anonymous submissions like that one are ridiculous. After I made that post, I received another "rude" comment via Formspring from someone in Yorba Linda, CA, reminding me that we're in a recession and how could I even think about talking about Marc Jacobs. They went on to tell me that I appeared to try and impress others, blah blah blah! It made me laugh. The lovely Rachel (over at Smile and Wave) commented and said that the "first mean comment is kind of a right of passage online isn't it." That's seriously exactly how I thought of it- when I got it I yelled across the house, "Oh my gosh! HANK! I just got my first mean comment!" I was kind of excited, as weird as it sounds. Like I wrote yesterday, after seeing so many of my friends get weird and rude comments via formspring I had kind of been waiting for it to happen. And I got two last night. Let me make something clear before we lay this to rest forever- I will never again respond to a negative comment. I don't care if you don't like me, like what I have to say, or think something "bad" about me. And I know I will never be able to avoid people disliking me...however, I will tell you now, I will never stop writing about what makes me happy. I accept that there will always be unhappy people in the world, and I know that every individual perceives every other individual differently. If you perceive me in a bad light, then just go ahead and leave now, save yourself the annoyance of reading my posts on me, my life, my happiness, my ups and downs, my favorite food, my clothes, etc. Just go! I'm sure we'll both be a lot happier in the end. There's no use torturing yourself with my horrible blog! ;)

    OKAY. So, that's done! Now we can move on...

    Hello Monday!

    Today was a great day. I slept horribly last night though so I was really tired. My friend Robyn (who by the way is a fellow English teacher and blogger- click on her name to visit her blog) and I had the best day at work though, and made each other laugh all morning so I didn't feel very tired at all. My Seniors are starting to write their own raps and I died laughing the entire hour. Some of you may be asking yourselves- "Rapping?! In an English class?" And yes, it's a (very fun) part of our poetry unit! The kids love it so much, and they learn a lot about all of the elements of poetry through the activity. I will see if I can convince any of the groups to let me video tape them this week for youtube, and if so, I will share the link.

    So yes, work was awesome. After work though, I started feeling incredibly exhausted so I forced myself to head to the gym immediately. Had I not, and waited for Hank to get home from work, there is no way I would have ever gone! The moment I walked in the house our bed was calling my name. So Robyn and I got some gym time in, then came back here for a nice run outdoors. Hank and I went to dinner, and now we're just relaxing on the couch. I'm waiting for the Suns game to end so I can indulge in my weekly guilty pleasure- watching The Bachelor!

    This week should go by really quickly because I have a really fun weekend to look forward to! My best friend Autumn is having her baby shower- she's due on February 14th to have baby Carter and I'm so excited to be an auntie again. I love love love baby showers, weddings, bridal showers, all that stuff...so I can't wait! And, here are some things to look for this week on Sometimes Sweet- that book recommendation post I've been talking about, a yummy recipe for baked tofu, more outfit posts, and a workout playlist!

    I'll leave you with my dinner date outfit from tonight -

    dress: Target
    tights: J. Crew
    shoes: Target (it's a Target kinda day!) :)

    daily outfit- 1/25/10

    Monday shoes

    could Madeline looks any more depressed about taking this photo? This was the only one we snapped so sorry Ms. Maddie, it's going up!

    Seriously Madeline, could you look anymore irritated? ;)

    Have a great night everyone. Sending so much love your way!

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/just-anothertired-monday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive