Sunday, January 3, 2010

Formspring Sunday!

    Here we go! From this point on, I will try and address the week's questions/comments on Sunday evening. This may change from time to time, but for the most part I'd count on Sunday! Some of the questions are a little too invasive for my taste, so I've skipped a few of them. And one or two I combined. If I missed yours, feel free to ask again. Also, so many of you left amazingly sweet comments in that little box and I wanted to thank you! You made my day.

    i'm not sure if you've ever addressed your diet, but i was just curious...are you a vegetarian? and if so, what made you decide to be one?

    I don't follow any particular diet, but I do eat vegan a lot of the time, simply because my husband is veg and I am a health nut. I was vegan for awhile, but now I eat any and all meat, as long as it's organic, hormone-free, nitrate-free, grass-fed, blah blah blah etc. :) At this point I'm not perfect- I definitely indulge in Subway now and then, and if I go out with friends I don't always know where that chicken breast comes from, but I am trying to stop eating ANYTHING that isn't whole, healthy and good for me. Factory farming and pesticide farming, and GMOs are disgusting to me, so I just try and make healthy choices.

    your ring is beautiful not to be rude but where is it from? tiffanys??

    Hank designed my ring, and he got the diamond from Jared Jewelers.

    Where in the world did you find those amazing brown flats that you have been wearing so frequently? I am in LOVE with them!

    They are from Target! I got them in black as well and I love them. They're incredibly comfortable.

    I'm also an English teacher and have a tough time finding cute, business appropriate clothing. What are your top stores to shop for school?


    I totally feel your pain on that- it's even harder for me because I have to cover up my tattoos. My main stores for work are Forever21, Modcloth, Nordstrom Rack (to score cute, cheap(er) dresses, Banana Republic and J. Crew.

    I absolutely ADORE your wedding ring! Did Hank have it custom made? And when he proposed, did you get the feeling he was going to do it or were caught off guard? ( I LOVE hearing about wedding proposals/stories!) :)

    Yes, he had it custom made (see above for answer on where). We had talked about getting married for years before he did it, so I knew it was coming but didn't know when. I'm going to blog the proposal story pretty soon so stay tuned for that! ;)

    what does hank do, as a job?

    Hank works for his family's ambulance company. He also is a full-time musician and graphic artist.

    what sort of shoes do you usually find yourself wearing during the winter?


    I really don't like wearing boots (I find them a little unattractive- and I may be the ONLY girl who thinks that), so I find myself wearing lots of thick tights and my normal shoes. I do own a pair of riding boots, so if I must I will wear those. I'm starting to get over my fear of boots a little bit, but Hank detests them, so I'm unsure if I will ever really enjoy them. I'd hate to wear something that I know makes my husband cringe!

    How much, approximately, do you make as a teacher? Do you get paid all throughout the year and for breaks and holidays? Any other benefits?

    I typically would never answer a question about money but this seems okay because it's a general and you could find this information online! I have my Masters degree, so I make a bit more than the average teacher, but I make about $37,000 per year. I get paid year round, but only work 9 months, which isn't so bad! So yes, while I'm vacationing in the summer I still have a paycheck. This was my choice- you can choose to do 9 month pay, or 12 month, or a 9 month with a balloon at the end of the year. Benefits would be the amazing schedule, and the fact that you only work 8-3 plus lunch and a free hour everyday, and lots of holiday time off!

    how did you get people to start and continue reading your blog?

    It's funny because I never started this blog to have tons of people read it. I'm still in shock with how much it's grown over the past few months in terms of readers and hits per day. Recently I've thought about going private with this blog, because having hundreds and hundreds of readers and at times thousands of hits a day wasn't what I was going for at all, and it makes me a little uncomfortable at times, but it's still public and that's how it will probably stay. So to answer your question, I haven't done anything in particular to get people to read it, it just kind of happened! :)

    whats your current playlist for the gym?

    I usually listen to the same album over and over again until I get sick of it. Currently I'm loving Jay-Z's newest album. Before that I was listening to Gaslight Anthem (all three albums). I used to make playlists every weekend with various songs but I haven't done that in awhile, perhaps I will soon and share them!

    Do you have a fav perfume that you wear?

    Occasionally I'll wear Marc Jacobs Daisy or Lola, but Hank doesn't like perfume so I typically avoid it!

    Do you have any book recommendations? Genre doesn't really matter.

    Currently reading and loving:
    Catching Fire by: Suzanne Collins (it's a YA book but so good- also important to note that it's a sequel to The Hunger Games, so read that first)
    and
    Cleaving: A Story of Marraige, Meat and Obsession by: Julie Powell (this is the second book following Julie and Julia)

    Have you ever met any of your blog friends in person and became very close friends with them afterward?

    As far as blog-specific friends- I never have, but I am totally open to it! I think it would be awesome to meet my blog friends in real life. I have actually met one friend from the internet in person and she became one of my closest friends. And that wonderful gal would be my darling Samantha in Seattle. I've visited her and her family numerous times in Seattle, and she was a guest at my wedding. Totally met online too via a message board! When I flew out to meet her in WA for the firs time, I had never met her in person. Nerdy and so awesome.

    I was just wondering when you plan to become a Mum?

    Pretty soon... ;)

    i´d love to know, what do you eat during a normal day? i mean, are you a vegetarian, or do you eat only healthy stuff??

    I kind of answered this question above in regards to being veggie, but here's a typical day of food for me:

    Breakfast- egg whites with turkey bacon on an Ezekial english muffin, piece of fruit OR oatmeal with a banana OR Kashi Go Lean with berries
    Snack- nuts, fruit or yogurt- maybe a Luna bar or those little Cliff bars for kids
    Lunch- soup (my friend Robyn and I always eat lunch together at work and usually will do soup) and healthy snacks like veggies
    Dinner- Hank and I usually cook a really yummy dinner together (we go out to eat about once a week, usually to Hugo's for healthy Mexican). We eat all sorts of things- I will try and post more dinner ideas!

    what program do you use for your pictures? do you use it for editing too?

    I use Flickr and I love love love it. I use picnik to edit!

    I noticed in another post that you are a couple years older than your husband. I just wanted to know if this ever bothers you at all? I am in a similar relationship and sometimes I worry about 'losing my looks' before him, etc., and was just wondering if you ever have similar insecurities?

    I read this my husband and here is his answer, "Tell her that you will NEVER lose your looks, I will find your 80 year old self just as beautiful as your 27 year old self." haha. :) But really, no it never bothers me. I actually didn't know we had 3 years between us until we had gone on a couple of dates, and by that time I was too far in to care. I had never dated anyone younger before EVER so it was weird at first, but now it doesn't bother me at all. It's not a huge number, and I take good care of myself, so I feel like even when I'm 40 and he's 37 there's not much difference. And as for you, don't be insecure! Age is just a number in terms of beauty and I'm sure your looks will never, ever fade.

    Hey Danielle! i recently just found your blog and love it. Two questions. 1) What is your day like at work? Schedule?
    2) How do you get motivated to go to the gym? I have such a hard time goign!

    My day at work is as follows: get to work at 7:50 or so, bell rings at 8:09 for 1st period. Teach 1 and 2nd period (sophomores), then 3rd period is my free period so I will email or grade or hang out with my teacher friends, then 4th period (seniors). After 4th is our 40 minute lunch period, then I teach 6th and 7th periods- bell rings at 3:10pm and I head home! Not too bad huh?

    As far as being motivated, I get this question a lot. It's a simple thing for me- I just don't want to be overweight, unhealthy, or depressed. I definitely go through that internal thing of almost trying to convince yourself you don't want to workout, but I know that I ALWAYS feel good after I go, so I always go. I like feeling good. It's a simple equation- I want to look good and feel good, so I go because going makes those things happen. I know this sounds really simplified but this is how it is for me. I also realize that I grew up as a serious athlete and dancer...so it's ingrained. Here are some of my tips for people who haven't always worked out in the past or need a little extra motivation:

    1. If you are going to the gym early in the morning, sleep in your workout gear! This sounds crazy but I always do this, and have my socks and shoes next to the bed, water bottle filled, ready to go! Tomorrow morning I start my 5am workouts, so I have to be up at 4:45am. You can bet I am sleeping in my clothes so when that alarm goes off I have no excuse.

    2. Make yourself a priority. You know you will feel better after you workout, whether it's a walk around your neighborhood or a full blown gym session. Even if you have a long way to go, you have to start somewhere and making another excuse to put yourself even farther from your goal.

    3. Make it FUN! I love to buy new workout clothing, get new music to listen to, new magazines...whatever! If you don't enjoy it, find something you like to do, whether it's a video, a walk, a run, a dance class, whatever!

    What is your makeup routine? And what are your favourite pieces of makeup?

    I'm not a huge makeup person at all. Everyday this is all that I wear- a bit of Almay Truly Lasting Color foundation in Buff, Almay Bright Eyes concealer in Light, MAC blush (right now I'm wearing Springsheen), and CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara (orange tube). That's it! :) If I'm going to an event I will dabble with eyeliner or lashes, but typically I do my basic routine everyday.

    And...yay I'm done! Thanks again for all your questions and comments guys, I am so happy to answer them. <3333Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/formspring-sunday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive