Friday, January 22, 2010

Snow day #2!

    I feel like this weekend is the longest weekend ever and I'm definitely not complaining. Today we had our second snow day in a row. We woke up to so, so much snow; it was truly a winter wonderland. Unfortunately Hank had to go to work but I had a great day doing absolutely nothing more than reading and lounging in bed until noon! I don't do that very often, but when I do I enjoy it so much. There's nothing better than sipping hot tea, reading, and looking out on falling snow. I feel lucky I got to take two days off of work in a row, and somehow it made me more excited to go back in on Monday. Weird.

    So, after reading in bed this morning, I finished the book Dear John by Nicholas Sparks. I really loved it. I will say though, that I don't think it's for everyone. Half of my friends won't like it, and the other half will feel the same way I do. I am a total sucker for romance- I loved The Notebook and this was written by the same author, and I enjoyed it just as much. I would recommend it to those of you who like emotional books about love and loss, and especially if the movie trailer interested you. After reading it, I am 1,000 times more excited about seeing the movie, and I feel like the casting is so spot on it's crazy. Have any of your read it? If so, what did you think? And speaking of book recommendations, I'm working on a 5 book recommendation post that I will probably publish tomorrow evening. :)

    Hank came home for lunch today, and after he went back to work I went on a walk downtown through the beautiful scenery. We live right in the heart of downtown, just one block from the square, so its nice to be able to walk everywhere. I trudged through all of the snow and snapped a couple of photos, but then it started to storm again and I had to kind of run back but I made it inside before it got too crazy!

    I made a little video of some of the clips from today too if you'd like to take a peek. It's nothing too special, I just threw it together really quick but it makes me happy to watch. Oh, and the song is by Gregory and the Hawk- it's the Fin Song 8 Orange River Remix.

    Snow day! from Danielle Hampton on Vimeo.



    some photos from sushi last night -

    I love love love seaweed salad! If you've never tried it you should order it next time you visit a Japanese restaurant. Seaweed is really healthy and so yummy.
    seaweed salad- my FAVE

    Terriayki tofu, and a little cucumber roll peeking out of the top corner. So delicious.
    tofu and sushi <3

    We topped off our meal with a shared dish of green tea ice cream. Another must-try if you haven't!
    green tea ice cream- SO GOOD

    Today, in our front yard playing with Ms. Madeline
    snow day! :)

    so much fun

    playing with Madeline in the snow

    walking down our street
    walking down our street

    downtown

    beautiful day in Prescott

    tonight, in the falling snow!
    love in the snow (this is Hank's "hurry and take the photo" face!)

    and here's my daily outfit pic...sans winter coat, scarf and boots! I got a lot of formspring comments about how I should include outfit information so here you go:

    cardigan- Forever 21
    dress- H&M
    tights- Hue
    shoes- Marc by Marc Jacobs

    daily outfit photo

    One more thing- remember these shoes?
    Saturday shoes

    A lot of you asked about them, and they're finally up online at Target. Click here to visit and maybe buy them. :)

    I hope all of you have the best night. It's still snowing outside so I'm curious to see what the morning will look like! Until then...

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/snow-day-2.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive