Saturday, January 23, 2010

Saturday, Saturday

    Day three of my unexpected four-day weekend and I'm still keeping with the theme of relaxation. The roads are still icy and there are feet of snow everywhere, so it's kind of deterred me from attempting to head out and do some errands until today, so I was so happy to get out and get some things done, but now I'm glad to be home since it was a little scary driving around out there. I was supposed to go see Leap Year with my sister-in-law this evening but I'm too worried about the icy drive to the theaters, so we rescheduled. I'm a bit disappointed because that movie looks so adorable. Have any of you seen it?

    We moved into our current home this fall, and I've been very slow in the decorating process. We are on the road to buying our first home, so we've always rented, and I've had this weird mentality of not really putting in a lot of effort to make it "our" home, since it really is just a temporary place. I never would hang our art, not really get too into putting shelves up, etc...and then I realized that this is why I was never happy in any of the places we lived as far as the house itself. So this place we've slowly been putting up art and making it cozy- I'm a lot happier. I still dream of the day when we buy our first place and I can go crazy painting, wallpapering (I love wallpaper), and purchasing new furniture. Our current house is small and rather than buy new stuff, we elected to just keep what we have until we buy since that day isn't terribly far off. With that said, we do need some more seating in our living room, and I know whatever chairs I buy I can use again, so I am on the hunt for a pair of cute and comfortable chairs. I am an avid design blog reader, and so many sites make me wish I had a house I could totally do our way. I really really cannot wait for that time to come. Are any of you like me though, in the sense that when you're renting sometimes you don't really want to get super into decorating? About half of my friends rent, and some of them make their places so cute- it's inspiring! Even though we are making it more "us," I'm still weird about doing too much. Slowly getting over it though. :)

    So, Hank is at work (on a Saturday- boo!) and Madeline and I are just hanging out. When I finished with this post I'm going to do some vacuuming and window washing, how fun. Hank should be off at 5pm, and then we will be at the gym for awhile since he will be driving!

    Here are some photos from today- the shirt I have on is what was in the box from Sarah at Live on Sunset, in a post from yesterday! I am absolutely in love with it. Seriously, how cute is this top?! Thanks again so very much. They're doing a giveaway on twitter when they hit 1,000 followers, so click here to follow so I can enter the contest too. haha. ;)

    Saturday

    Saturday outfit :)

    I love Madeline

    Source URL: http://sweettattooforgirls.blogspot.com/2010/01/saturday-saturday.html
    Visit sweet tattoo for girls wallpaper for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

My Blog List

Blog Archive